Ending the long testing, Apple released iOS 10.3 to the public on past Monday. So with that deliverance, Apple could any time announce the closing of older firmware signing making 10.3 the only option via iTunes. But when 10.3 is not certain getting jailbroken, what should you do for the well-being of jailbreak ahead? The post covers the complete help to downgrade 10.3 which will increase the possibility of iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak. So read and catch all important facts for those who like keeping your device with Cydia Download.
iOS 10.3 will probably be the final major iOS 10 release as Apple will preview iOS 11 in the coming June. So in that way, it is no wonder why Apple has included such a bulk of massive enhancements via 10.3 as a significant upgrade in security, features, performance and all sides. But should you upgrade 10.3?
Downgrade 10.3 and Increase Chance for iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak
Time to time updates, limited downgrades do not matter to none-jailbreakers. But if you do value Cydia Download on your device, you have thought when upgrading the device which could make you no jailbreak for even years. As to the golden rule of jailbreak, stay to the lowest possible firmware as long as you can as that impacts the possibility of getting the future jailbreak. So in related to latest 10.3, we see a similar story which recommended downgrade 10.3 to 10.2.1 is better in getting the jailbreak.
iOS 10.3 is a major update which is fully patched and hardly expose vulnerabilities to jailbreakers. So in that concern, we never know when it will be jailbroken and give Cydia opportunities to the fans. So rather than expecting iOS 10.3 jailbreak, we recommend you downgrade to 10.2.1, which comparatively light in the treatment of security and patches. If any developing team or volunteer in the plan of jailbreak above 10.2, iOS 10.2.1 could probably win more focus as 10.3 is a different challenge from the usual frame. So this is the complete guide to downgrade if you need to secure the chances/blobs of iOS 10.2.1 in concern of upcoming jailbreak.
- As a must, backup the complete device which is important in restoring to all normal content
- Make sure you are with the device installed 10.3 which you need to downgrade to 10.2.1
- Have enough power in your Device
- Install latest iTunes on Windows or Mac
- Have the correct iOS 10.2.1 IPSW file which pair with your device model
- Step 1: Take your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and connect to either Mac or Windows PC
- Step 2: Then launch iTunes and choose the option “Restore” separating the options “update” (For a clean restarting of the device you need to restore your iDevice)
- Step 3: If you are a Windows operator, hold Shift and for Mac hold the optional Key when clicking the “Restore” option. If you choose the option with no Shift or alter option key, it will restore you to 10.3 which is current latest
- Step 4: Then attach the IPSW file in the file browser
- Step 5: Then confirm restoring 10.2.1 and wait for the process done
As we seen and confirmed by Todesco’s words, getting iOS 10.2.1 jailbreak is more probable than the chance remained with 10.3. So save blobs for 10.2.1 and use this downgrade powers which will only be allowed for a few more days ahead. In case if you miss the chance, you will be stuck in 10.3 until it turns jailbreak possible. But we still have no idea when it is. So stay to the lowest possible firmware at this moment.